My name is Arancha and I was born in Spain. I am 14, almost 15 years old. I have lived in Spain. In school I like to talk with my friends, and when I am out of school I like to use my cell phone or go to the park. I am particularly good at swimming. I became good at this because when I was little, like 5 or 6 years, my mom put me in swimming classes. In the future I would like to be a doctor. I dream of riding a unicorn.

I immigrated to New York 5 years ago.My life changed in many ways when immigrated. The change I am happiest about is that I’m learning  a new language. That makes me happy because now I can understand more people.On the other hand, I am sad that, I left my country. There I have a car, a house and also things that I appreciate so much like memories, friends and things that we built over the years. Now I speak English and Spanish, which is the first language that I learned.

There was a time in my life when I experienced injustice.This was the time when I came to this country. The injustice was that my father didn’t have work in Spain, so he came to the United States searching for more opportunities. My parents decided that he was going to go alone for 6 months so that he could find a job. He found a job where the boss of that job paid well. My father said that it was time for my mother, brother, and I to come to the United States.  He said that Spain was going down because nobody had a job. We left that country with all the things that we love. We only carry a suitcase with clothes and I also carried a doll. We left a car, a house, many friends. We left our lives and many memories….. So when I stepped off of the airplane for the first time in New York, it’s was like I left all of my life back in Spain. I started a new life, learning a new language, living in a new house and not having a car. Nobody know how that feel util he or she lives it. In my opinion this was unfair because no one deserve what happened to me and my family. You shouldn’t have to leave your country because your parents 2nm don’t have a job.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Story by Arancha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Author
    Arancha 2 months ago

Thanks for your comment and yeah it’s so sad leave the country where you growth

2. Mamoun 2 months ago

Dear Arancha :
    I am curious about your post .“My story,” because when I read your story I felt confident in you. That much better when your life changed. A sentence you wrote that stands out for me is:”He found a job where the boss of that job paid well. ” I think this is great because before when he haven’t a job he was very sad, now he has States searching for more opportunities.
    Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. It reminds me that I was so sad when I left Yemen
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.