My name is Maria Malik and I was born in 2001 at Peshawar, Pakistan. I am 17 years old. I have lived in Brooklyn for 4 years with my family. In school, I like to study different types of subjects and learn about different cultures, languages also I like to make friends because they help each other when I am out of school, I like to go home use my phone, watch tv, and sleep. I am particularly good at house work. I became good at this because when I was little i liked to help my mother and I would like to help my family. In the future, I would like to become a good person and make my parent is every dream come true because I want to see my family happy. I dream of going to college and getting a good job.

I immigrated to New York 4 years ago. My life changed in many ways when I immigrated. The change I’m happiest about in America is that we can enjoy different places and we have freedom to do whatever we want. On the other hand, I am sad that in my country I enjoyed a lot with my family members and played with them. Now I speak English and Urdu, which is important because we can help other people who speak Urdu so I can help them in my language and in English.

There was a time in my life when I learned about injustice. This was the time when there is small girl who is only 7 years old and her parents went to another country and the girl one day she is out of her house and she wanted buy something. Then there is one guy who is trying to nice with girl and he took her somewhere and he did rape small girl. In my opinion, this was unjust because the man was trying to kidnap the girl.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Me, Immigration and Justice by Maria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.