Depression is becoming a topic that more and more people care about. Chronic depression is a mental health issue. How to deal with depression is attracting more and more attention. It has become common for young people to experience “the blues” occasionally. Why do people choose to focus on depression among young people? In my opinion, young people are not mature enough to make good choices.

Sometimes, they make decisions that they will regret someday. Some young people who experience mental health issues are more likely to take drugs to get rid of bad feelings. But, using street drugs may kill them in the future. People who inject heroin, for example, are more likely to become infected with AIDS if they use the same needle as an AIDS patient.

AIDS cannot be cured with today’s technology. When you know you have AIDS, you already know you may die in a few years. After becoming infected with HIV, people could expected to get AIDS within about 10 years, and then live only 1 to 2 years more. They may regret inject the heroin. What’s more, people try drugs are more likely to become drug addicts. When they try to stop using drugs, they may have some bad physical sensation, like spasms.

It is important to avoid drug users because they may try to persuade you to try drugs to alleviate mental pain. If depressed people use harmful and dangerous drugs to get rid of bad feelings that they may regret later. The bad things associated with depression cannot be fixed in this way.
www.hiv.va.gov/paatient/faqs/life-expectancy

Photo by ulisse albiati

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why Mental Health Matters by Li is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.