My name is Lining Liang and I was born in 2003. I am 14 years old. I have lived in Guangzhou, China. Guangzhou is a big and beautiful city. In Guangzhou, you can eat many different types of Chinese food, like dumplings. In school, I like to study because you can get a lot of knowledge if you study hard. If you study hard in English class you can learn more English. Your English will be better than before. When I am out of school, I like to travel because you can learn many things from your journey. I am particularly good at math class because I like to solve the math problem. I became good at this because I study hard in math class and my math teacher is very patience to teach me math. In the future, I would like to be a pharmacist because I want all the people in the world to be healthy. I dream of becoming a successful person, to become a successful a pharmacist, to cure more patients.

I immigrated to New York two years ago. My life change in many ways when I immigrated. The change I’m happiest about is I have to learn a new language because people who live in New York speak English. I have to learn English so I can communicate with the people in New York. I am happy that in New York there are many new things that I can explore and learn. On the other hand, I am sad that I had to leave my friends. Now I speak English and Chinese, I feel happy that I speak two languages because I learned a new language and I can talk to more people.

There was a time in my life when I experienced injustice. This was the time when I took the subway to went to school, there was a man stood behind the door. Later on, a man walked to the front of me and said “Oh! Chinese girl is beautiful. I love Chinese girl.” In my opinion, this was unjust because this man did not respect me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Me, Immigration and Justice by Lining is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Munisa 2 months ago

Dear Lining:

I am inspired by your post,”Me, Immigration and Justice,” because I like that what about you write. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is ” a man walked to the front of me and said “Oh! Chinese girl is beautiful. I love Chinese girl.” In my opinion, this was unjust because this man did not respect me.” I think this is horrible because these men have nothing to do except to drive to the girls. Thanks for your writing I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it’s interesting to read about you, to know your opinion or to know more things about you.

2. Maria 2 months ago

Dear Lining:

I am interested your post, “Me, Immigration and Justice,”because you said you want to become a good person and help other people to let them stay healthy.One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is In the future, I would like to be a pharmacist because I want all the people in the world to be healthy. I dream of becoming a successful person, to become a successful a pharmacist, to cure more patients.” I think this is grateful because to help other people is good decision ever. This remind me of an experience I had is help your family. Thanks for your writing I look forward to seeing what you write next, because i would like to know about your dream and i would like to know what your parent think about your dream.