My name is Idalia Arely and I was born in El Salvador. I am 18 years old. I have lived in Brooklyn, NY. In school, I like to play in gym and learn about animals in science class, and when I am out of school, I like to go shopping.  I am particularly good at studying science. I became good at this because I want to be a nurse that’s why I like it. In the future, I would like to be a nurse. I dream of helping those who need me, well I always help but I would like to be a nurse  so I want to learn English and be a great person in the future.

I Immigrated to New York  2 years ago. My life changed in many ways when I immigrated. The change I’m happiest about is that I have dreams to fulfill and work because I feel that  I can help my family economically and overcome what I hope to be in this country and be able to fulfill my dreams and be part of the community of the United States. On the other hand, I am sad that because my brothers are very far from me and all my family would like them to be here supporting me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Me, Immigration, and Justice by Idalia Arely is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Evelyn 5 days ago

Dear Idalia Arely:
    I am interested in your post, “Me, Immigration, and Justice” because
    you made me think you’re a good person and want to do something good for others.one sentences you wrote that stands out for me is “I dream of helping those who need me, well I always help but I would like to be nurse. “ i think these I dream of helping those who need me, well I always help but I would like to be nurse!