My name is Evelyn Ramirez Velazquez and I was born in Mexico. I am 19 years old. I have lived in Mexico and Brooklyn N.Y. In school I like to learn new things like new words in English and play with my friend and gym, and when I am out of school, I like to talk with my siblings and cousins and English for  to practices more the pronunciation of English, and I like to go to the park in play soccer with my sisters. I am particularly good at listening when a person is complaining. I became good at this because I like to people listen to me. In the future, I would like to be a nurses or dentist. My dreams is to keep studying and speak English well.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 Immigrant Life by Evelyn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Louise Bauso 5 days ago

Dear Evelyn:

I am amused your post, “Immigrant Life,” because it made me laugh out loud when you said that you were good at listening to people complain. I’m good at that too!
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “I became good at this because I like to people listen to me.” I think this is interesting and also inspiring because I can tell you like to give advice, and you probably give great advice!

2. Samuel 6 days ago

Evelyn

Thank you for sharing your immigration story.

My students and I in Philadelphia have been learning about the internal and external conflicts that immigrants experience in the USA and around the world. I am going to encourage them to respond to your post.

Reed