You wake up from bed to see the beautiful sunlight beaming through your window. You get up, yawn, stretch, and go to the kitchen and smell food cooking. You say good morning to the robot cooking eggs and bacon and go brush your tee- wait, timeout! A robot? Cooking food? For you?! This is the future. Robots part of your everyday life and making your life easier. My name is Kendrick Alvarez, I’m a sophomore at Oakland Unity High School and we’ve been reading about robotics and artificial intelligence in my English class. I think that these robotic technologies will make the world better because people will live healthier lives with new medicine and machines to treat humans and humans will have more time to do important things. Everyone has their doubts about robotics and advanced technology because they’ve never experienced it before, but I believe it will change society in a robust way.

Robotics will make the world better because people will live healthier lives with new medicine and machines to treat humans. In the article, “The Real Cyborgs” by Arthur House, he talks about a paralyzed man, named Ian Burkhart, gaining control of his arm and hands again by advanced technology: “Ian Burkhart concentrated hard. A thick cable protruded from the crown of his shaven head. A sleeve sprouting wire enveloped his right arm. The 23-year-old had been paralyzed from the neck down since a diving accident four years ago. But, in June this year, in a crowded room in the Wexner Medical Centre at Ohio State University, Burkhart’s hand spasmed into life… The technology that made this possible, Neurobridge, had successfully reconnected Burkhart’s brain with his body. It was probably the most advanced intertwining of man and machine that had so far been achieved.” This shows that advanced technology is something good for mankind because it can help many other paralytics and others that suffer from any diseases that need advanced machines so that they can be cured.

Robotics will make the world a better place because people will have more time to do important things. In the article, “Better Than Human: Why Robots Will—And Must—Take Our Jobs” by Kevin Kelly, it talks about how robots taking people’s jobs will be beneficial for humans: “First, machines will consolidate their gains in already-automated industries… Speedy bots able to lift 150 pounds all day long will retrieve boxes, sort them, and load them onto trucks. Fruit and vegetable picking will continue to be robotized until no humans pick outside of specialty farms. Pharmacies will feature a single pill-dispensing robot in the back while the pharmacists focus on patient consulting. Next, the more dexterous chores of cleaning in offices and schools will be taken over by late-night robots, starting with easy-to-do floors and windows and eventually getting to the toilets. The highway legs of long-haul trucking routes will be driven by robots embedded in truck cabs.” This shows that robots will be useful to do the hard work for humans while people go on and do more important things.

Many people speculate that robotics/artificial intelligence is a danger to upcoming generations of people. “I, Robot” is a movie that takes place in the year 2035 in which robots are in people’s everyday lives. They help humans on doing basic things for them, if they are in danger, and many other things. But later on in the movie, the robots are replaced with a newer model of robots and it turned out that the new robots were programmed with different programming than the old robots. They were programmed to kill humans and take over. The whole movie shows that robotics is evil, but the movie is all a fantasy.

In conclusion, robotics/advanced technology is something to be happy about because it’s something humans have been talking about for a while now and it will be amazing for mankind to experience it. Robotics/advanced technology is near us, what will happen? The world may never know… for now.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Ascending of Robots by Kendrick is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Yzerdnek 6 months ago

Love your post! Keep it up.