Hello my name is Norberto Herrera and Im a current shophemore at oakland unity high school. And on my english class we have been discussing about robots and different students have shared their opinions we have also been discussing if they are a good and safe thing for the future or if it will get out of control were humans won’t be able to control it. And I believe that the robots will affect the future by taking over and enslaving people. I believe this because robots are going to be smarter than humans and can also do many more things than a human can do ,they could also take over human jobs leaving humans with no jobs. One example that I have it would be the film “I Robot” and this film talks about how the world has developed the future robot were humans won’t have to do anything because the robots can just do it for them and the robots have to follow 3 laws which are “A robot may not injure a human being, allow a human being to come to harm. Also a robot must obey the orders that they get from the humans except where such orders would conflict with the first law. Another law is that a robot must protects its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the first or second law.” I believe that the same thing would happen if robots take over humans and don’t follow the rules the humans have for them they could actually get out of control and take over and make the humans follow their rules.

Our future can go one way or two ways it can go the good way or it can go the bad way. I believe that it should go the good way because we have to take control and not letting the robots take over before it’s to late. Another example is the article “Better than human:why robots will and must Take our jobs” and was written by Kevin Kelly and gives us a idea on what could be the future in the article says “success will go to those who innovate in the customizations of the process of work with bots and machines” and this quote explains how the robots depends on how smart we are. Employees should start teaching the robots to do their jobs of cooking, carpentry. And if we don’t do this if we just give the robots to much advantage then they would just be getting more power to take over and control the humans.

I believe that we should be ready and make sure that the robots should always understand that humans are there boss and should always follow the rules that they humans give them. Also the humans should not give them enough freedom were the robots start getting to comfortable and begin to take power and control of the humans and that’s why I believe that humans should control the robots before the robots control the humans.

Proyas, Alex, director. I, Robot. 20th Century Fox, 2004.

Kelly, Kevin, author. “Better Than Human: Why Robots Will -And Must- Take Our Jobs”. 24 December 2012

CC BY-SA 4.0 OUR FUTURE WITH ROBOTS by Norberto is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.