I believe, that love is not what society can portray it to be.
Love is joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

The popular belief now a days, show that love is just when two people are attracted to each other. Which is okay, but it is so much more than a simple attraction. You can also love your family in a particular way. Society believes that you can show love to different types of people, in different ways. But I believe there is only one love and that you can show to everyone. Love isn’t simple, it is powerful and it can literally change someone’s life.

Remember now, love is joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. It is how you treat someone, anyone, whether they are your family/in a romantic relationship with you or not. It is so much more than who is in your personal life, but everyone you encounter throughout the day. How you treat them.

Joy, I believe in you and that you can make someone feel very happy, even if you are not happy yourself.
Peace, this element is very important. If you are peaceful in a stressful situation, then you are showing love.
Patience, it can be hard to do this, but everyday we are learning and growing.
Kindness, this element is also very important. Please show kindness, to everyone you encounter and everyone you know. A simple smile can change someone’s day, even life.
Goodness, when someone hurts you sometimes all you want to do is hurt them back. But you are stronger than that, you are better than that. Show goodness to them, not just for them but for yourself.
Faithfulness, to be loyal to your friends and family, to not betray the ones that love you but to be honest.
Gentleness, being harsh and rude (which we are all at fault for) can really hurt someone, we have to try our best as humans to be gentle towards each other.
Self-control, this can be the most difficult element, but we have the power to control ourselves we must grip it and never let it go.
And do not forget while you are loving others, you must love yourself.

I beg of you, please choose love. This element of humanity is so powerful, and can change life. It can change your life!

Love is joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Swallow these words deep into your heart, and let it blossom through you.

CC BY-SA 4.0 I believe that love is not what society can portray it to be by Abi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.