I made an interactive scratch animation. I took the classic fairytale Goldilocks and the Three Bears and adapted it. Goldilocks and the Three Bears was originally made by Robert Southey. The story is that 3 bears live in a cottage. A big bear, a medium bear, and a small bear. One day the bears make some porridge and go for a walk. A little girl comes into their house and eats their porridge, sits on their chairs, and sleeps in their beds. The story has a moral decision that the little girl, Goldilocks, makes. Whether to or whether to not eat the bear’s porridge. In my animation, I decided to question what would happen if Goldilocks didn’t eat the porridge. I had Goldilocks wait till the bears got home and ask for some porridge. She ended up becoming friends with the Bears. To make my animation I had many steps to do before I could actually start creating the finished product. I treated my animation like a movie. I had a script. Then I had storyboards. Once the script and storyboards matched each other I made sure that the animation would be satisfactory. Then I started creating the animation. To make sure I didn’t lose my mind, I decided to do parts of my animation each day. I ended up finishing my project before I needed to and was very happy with the overall result.

To see my script and storyboards go here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Mz-8ycJymtwgJxySrGmE8eJowLIlKcduB6vcRp9DjQ/edit?usp=sharing

CC BY-SA 4.0 Goldilocks and the Three Bears: What would happen if Goldilocks didn’t eat the porridge? by Naia B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.