Dear Youth Voices Community,

My name is Bladimir Gallegos and I am a Junior at Fremont high-school.

I feel as if my research on the topic of human trafficking is very intriguing although I need to find more information that can answer more of my questions .

This is my current thesis statement about human trafficking.

Human trafficking in the form of sexual exploitation is cruel and inhumane because it unjustly and predominantly violates the human rights of girls under the age of 18.

In order for my thesis to be considered proficient, I have to have a focused, articulate, creative, and debatable thesis on an issue of social inequity.

My thesis will help guide how I read my sources and conduct my field research. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and help on my thesis statement as it is written so far.

Bladimir

Fremont High School

Architecture & Design Academy

Class of 2019

CC BY-SA 4.0 Feedback request on Human Trafficking thesis :) by Bladimiro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Eduardo 3 months ago

Dear Bladimir,
    I am in shock about your type of article about trafficking human because its cruel and violation to trafficking human and exploitation When a read your text i feel like in shock i can’t believe that but I think some people do that for one reason and i don’t have any interest to knows the reasons. But something that you write is “Human trafficking in the form of sexual exploitation is cruel and inhumane because it unjustly and predominantly violates the human rights of girls under the age of 18 In order for my thesis to be considered proficient, I have to have a focused, articulate, creative, and debatable thesis on an issue of social inequity.” I disagree for this human trafficking and exploitation because is bad to do that to others people.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward seeing what you write next because i want to know more information
    I’m english learned”

2. Joseph 5 months ago

Bladimir,
    This was a very interesting post and it that definition of human trafficking is pretty saddening despite the fact that it is only factual. Human trafficking is a very pressing issue truly should be focused on more than it is right now.
    Here is a link on human trafficking:
    https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-today/human-trafficking/

3. Sera 5 months ago

Hello Bladimir,

I think it’s great that you’re looking into and spreading awareness on human trafficking, as its a widespread yet often hushed problem. I would encourage you to widen your thesis to all people, not just girls under the age of 18, as, sadly, people taken into human trafficking fall into all ages and genders.

4. Isabell 9 months ago

Bladimir,

You have a strong start to your thesis. You are covering an important social issue, and I look forward to seeing where you go with your project. With your project, will you be looking at human trafficking on a global aspect or in specific countries? I believe that with your research you will have the information to create a proposal for addressing human trafficking issues. Here is a website that covers some statistics of human trafficking that may be helpful for your research. https://www.justfacts.com/sexuality.asp

Isabell

5. Sante 9 months ago

Hello Bladimir, my name is Sante and I am a senior from Judge Memorial High School. When I initially ready your thesis, it pushes me to believe you are going to argue that human sex trafficking targets young women under the age of eighteen. If this is the case, there are a multitude of amazing resources that can help you to convey this point. One I was able to find was an article on Focus on the Family’s website (https://www.focusonthefamily.com/socialissues/family/sex-trafficking/sex-trafficking-the-facts). It touches on the basic information of what sex trafficking is and how widespread it is. I think it would be a good place to start your research. I believe you could be a little more clear in the decision of your thesis. Instead of saying “Human Trafficking in the form of sexual exploitation”, you could simply say “Human sex trafficking”. Theses should be clear and concise, so I would work to make your statement more directed. I’m excited to see where you take your research!