,

Movie on 5-6-18 at 11.28 PM

I portrayed the part of Emilia in Act 4 Scene 2. During this time she is bickering with Iago and Othello about how Desdemona didn’t cheat on Othello and that there was not even the slightest chance that she could have. I thought that the tone was very important for this part. Emilia was very irritated with the people that thought that Desdemona had cheated. With that being said, you had to have a tone of irritation and madness in order to portray the character correctly. I also thought that it was very important to practice the lines a couple times. I found myself getting tripped up on words if I was going to fast. I also found that it was important to speak these lines somewhat fast to show the anger in her words and voice. While I was performing, I understood that Emilia was truly Desdemona’s ‘trusty side-kick’. This passage showed how much she cared for Desdemona and her well-being.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Othello YV2 by Maggie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.