I believe in never giving up. Everyone in the world has given up before in their lives. It’s a very common reaction that we have when something doesn’t go the way we want it to. Many things can cause us to give up. It can be from studying for a big test and you just aren’t getting what the test is over and you just want to give up. It can be from being on a sports team and you are losing by a lot of points and stop fighting and just give up. Your effort changes and how you are feeling changes, you should never lose hope because there is nothing in this world that is impossible.

It was April 22, 2017, on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I remember this day like it just happened yesterday. There was a boy’s lacrosse game being played. It was the Okemos Chieftains versus the Brighton Bulldogs. The game was being played at Okemos High School on the lacrosse field. The Chiefs were 2-4 going into the game and the Bulldogs were 4-3. Brighton took the lead quick and got up 6-1 at halftime. We all could’ve just given up at halftime and said the game was over but none of us wanted to give up. We choose to block out all of those bad thoughts and instead say that we could come back and still win this game. Our coach was trying to get us fired up and telling us that we could do it and we all wanted to win this game and we got fired up from this. We took one goal at a time and got closer and closer to tying the game. Going into the last quarter it was 4-8 and we never gave up. In the 4th quarter, we only let them score one goal. We kept scoring and with one minute left I had one of our finals goals that made it 9-9 and we knew at this point that we could actually do it. We scored again with 10 seconds left in the game to seal our run and capture the game. The final score was 10-9.

All of that would’ve never happened if we all would’ve given up and didn’t fight and say that we wanted to lose this game. After that day, I realized that anything is possible and that we can never give up. I truly learned how important it is to never give up and I use this lesson in everything now, in my school work, studying, playing, I will never choose to give up again and nobody else should because you can do anything you set your mind to.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Never Giving Up by Nolan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.