,

I believe in family. I believe that a family is the most important thing in someone’s life. A family teaches you how to behave, where you can call home, and that you are loved. I know that my family will always have my back and that they will always support me and I will always support them. Even when my family and I are not getting along, at the end of the day we still are there for each other.

Family will do anything for each other. My mom once told me a story about when she thought I went missing when I was 5 years old. She says that she was gardening in our backyard and I came up to her and asked if I could go next door

and play with the little girl who lived there. Half an hour later, she knocked on the neighbors door and asked if they would send me home. They responded, “Andrea’s not here”. My mom then proceeded to panic, thinking that I was missing. Fortunately she did not call the police, but she and the neighbors drove around the neighborhood calling my name, hoping that I was simply running loose somewhere. She says that when they couldn’t find me anywhere she began to think the worst, but after the neighbors returned to our street I announced my presence by opening our front door and asking for ice cream. My mom was never more relieved to see me. This story taught me to always check your own house first if your child is missing, but also that my mom cares a lot for me.

I believe that my family cares about each other more than anything else. I wouldn’t be who I am today without my family. They taught me to have kindness, empathy, and compassion for others. We have supported each other through tough times, like job losses and breakups, and we have never given up on eachother. I believe that the connection I have with my family is the best gift I ever could have received.

CC BY-SA 4.0 I Believe in Family by Andrea is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.