• What play did you choose? What act, scene and line numbers did you choose?
    • I choose a Monologue from A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Act 1 scene 1, lines 188-200
  • Which character did you play?
    • I played the character of Helena.
  • What did you learn about the impact of tone, inflection, volume and pacing in your own rehearsal and oral performance?
    • I learned that tone can affect what is going on throughout the play, and depending on your volume and pacing, it can mess up the meaning of what is being said. You really have to follow the punctuations and use correct volume depending on the character or you can give off a different meaning than what Shakespeare would have wanted.
  • What did you understand about the character’s traits and emotions as you were performing?

CC BY-SA 4.0 Breathe Life into Shakespeare by Caleigh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.