Dear Humane Society International:

We have chosen to write to you because we both love animals and were touched by this and we think that this website shows a lot of support for these innocent animals. We also noticed in the past that you have used celebrities to help with this website to get people’s attention and we would also like to support by donating for these animals. We also think that we have the same mindset because we both want to support and have the best for these animals because they really need it.

The big issue that has been happening in Korea is people have raised animals more specifically dogs to eat and abuse them. The people who benefit from this is the people that eat and make money from selling these dogs. Websites like you help us save these poor dogs with the help of other people that care for these dogs. People that this or not supporting are Koreans that are using these animals like objects and don’t care about them.

Some tactics that we have noticed to help the animals is direct services. Some examples of direct service are saving the animals when they aren’t safe and giving them the protection they need for them to stay healthy and alive.  For example, your society has campaigns such as “Speaking out against cruelty,” “Ask Indonesia to ban the dog meat, ” and “Ask South Korea to protect dogs and cats.” Lastly, your organization has used famous celebrities to support and get people to donate to the cause. Which has been propaganda to show the community and others this is a serious problem.

Our plan to help your website grow is by educating students and families in our school by making announcements to classrooms on the first day of the week. Then we will post graphic pictures to show what really is happening to these poor animals to encourage people to donate to us so that we can raise money to help your website and the dogs that are being abused. We will also post our whole movement to Youth Voices and maybe get them to donate to. To raise the money we are going to make a donation jar and sell food to our classmates. We will need a week of work to make this moment possible and also need students from our school to donate and support your website. My team is confident that this is going to work because we have a big school of student that care and would like to donate to dogs that are being abused and sold for money.

Thank you so much for reading our proposal we really appreciate it because we also want to create awareness for these amazing animals that really need support. Follow us at our hashtag #LifeAcademy4dogs

Gaby R and Fernando S, Life Academy Students

“Dog Meat Trade.” Humane Society International, www.hsi.org/issues/dog_meat/. This website is about supporting animals and helping them because they need it and creating awareness for these animals. This website also gives the options to donate to support them.With the Dog Meat Trade in Korea the organization is trying to give these innocent animals a better life.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Life Academy for Dogs by Fernando is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Melissa 3 weeks ago

My name is Melissa and I am a sophomore at Oakland Unity High School. Firstly, thank you for bringing more attention to this issue because I believe that buy doing more of what you are doing we can really help educate those who are uninformed about this subject and hopefully make a difference. I really liked how you included an example as to how dogs are being abused and mistreated and also the fact that you mentioned how your school is planning on educating people about this subject. My question for you though is why did you choose to specifically talk about dogs? There are so many other animals out there that are experiencing the same abuse as dogs and by teaching others about those other animals we will have a bigger chance at making change.

2. Kevin 3 weeks ago

Hello there,
    My name is Kevin and i really liked your post since i had a dog that has been mistreated. I really don’t know how people can be cruel to animals. Keep sharing your ideas about ways to change the environment for these innocent dogs.

3. Avalos Luz 3 weeks ago

Hey Gaby Ruiz,

I hope you are having a wonderful day. My name is Luz Avalos and I agree with what you are saying about these abused animals. I don’t understand how people can be cruel enough to mistreat these innocent animals. I really like your idea of donating to those animals that are mistreated. My question for you is, what influenced you to start the donation?

4. Abigail 3 weeks ago

Hello there Gaby Ruiz,

I understand the way you feel about these poor innocent animals, and you’re right about how they get treated unfairly. I agree with the donations, we should donate to these poor animals because they really need it. But is this plan of yours only for dogs? or for different animals like wild animals?

5. shirel 4 weeks ago

hello there,
    my name is shirel and i really enjoyed your blog i like how your trying to help out animals im personally a animal lover and i think the fact that dogs are mistreated preat my heart so i support you guys all the way i think we should all supports.

6. Imani 4 weeks ago

Hello everyone,
    As an animal lover I truly hate how some people treat animals. For example, some owners abuse their own dogs which I find insane. So, my question for you is, why do you think people abuse the animals they’ve grown close to? Do you think it’s because they are incapable of showing affection or are they just evil people who want to cause harm to animals that have grown to trust them?

Best regards,
    Imani M.

7. Bryan 4 weeks ago

I really like how you want to help animals in need and it really grabs my attention because I own a dog and I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to him.

8. Maria 4 weeks ago

I agree I like you writing I love animals too and i agree with you a lot of animals get affected by people we need to save innocent animals. I give a thumbs up for your writing

9. Yoseline 4 weeks ago

I am not am animale owner but iI have always love them especially dogs. I like how you really have the desire of helping animals and not just in general but the ones in need. Also, you have come up with a great plan.

10. Daniel 4 weeks ago

My name is Daniel Burciaga and I understand why you guys feel so strongly about this topic. I was also wondering how you would take action if donations were given to you.

11. Ruth 4 weeks ago

Hello there,
    My name is Ruth and I am pretty surprised that you included information involving koreans eating dogs. My question for you is, do you think it is possible to change their eating habits when it comes to consuming dogs?

12. Alfredo 1 month ago

My name is Alfredo Diaz and i really like how you want to help the innocent animals and i kind of care for animals too.Why are you so interesting about innocent animals?

13. Elia 1 month ago

Hello everyone,

I just read your blog post and I really enjoy how you guys want to help support dogs and end their suffering. I truly believe that dogs are treated poorly and shouldn’t be eaten because that is just cruel. They are defenseless animals and deserve to be taken care of. One question I have for you guys is where could we donate to help this cause? Thank you for sharing this blog.

Elia Urias

14. Regina 2 months ago

Hello everyone.

My name is regina and I am a student at Fremont High School here in Oakland. I just read your project blog post and I have some feedback.
    One thing I liked about what you wrote was that you care about animals and dogs. Im a dog person so i do get sad and upset when people kill dogs for money and dog meat is just all gross and gross people.

Something I have a question about is how can i show my support? what else can i do when i see a homeless dog around?

Thank you for sharing your project!
    Regina Rayon R.

15. Matthew 2 months ago

Hello everyone.

My name is Matthew Escalante and I am a student at Fremont High School here in Oakland. I just read your project blog post and I have some feedback.
    One thing I liked about what you wrote was

Something I have a question about is Do you have any pets of your own?
    how you treat dog abuse as a serious problem. I like it because that is a serious problem how an animal is treated to be less than us. Another thing I liked as well how you say what dogs are going through and the regions we should look at.
    Thank you for sharing your project!
    Matthew

16. UCR Grad Student 2 months ago

This topic is one that many animal lovers feel strongly about. What I would suggest is that a trigger warning be placed at the top of the page if disturbing imagery is used. The reason for this is to allow viewers to choose whether they can proceed without being emotionally ambushed. There are a lot of ideas here for the perspective you broached here, and I would also recommend that you look into the perspective of different cultures that do see dogs as food. In the West, we see chickens as a food source more commonly than as pets. Could this difference across countries account for the way animals are treated around the world?

17. Leslie Young 2 months ago

I can tell that you are passionate about the cause you are campaigning for. I would like to make two suggestions. First, I might recommend reading what you wrote aloud prior to posting. I believe this will help you see where some of the content was more confusing. Second, I was wondering what evidence you were providing in your claim? The information you provided was very informative, but it would be more powerful if you cited evidence with your claims. Finally, I would like to close by telling you that I really like your plan to provide support for the issue of animal cruelty, and I wish you the best of luck.