Historical evidence from the Reconstruction period and evidence from contemporary events show people living in the US should have a good education and right to vote as rights. The Fifteenth Amendment states “The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude”. This quote shows that the 15th amendment was passed in order to give people the chance to voice their opinion. If this law wasn’t passed then everything that has happened would be different. We wouldn’t have the laws we have right now or the presidents we had elected over the years. In Sidney Andrews (quoted in the Joint Report on Reconstruction) it says “The Freedmen’s Bureau helped people by providing medical supplies and health care and establishing schools”. This quote shows that education is something that should be available to everyone. A lot of people around the world don’t have this opportunity back home. They either have to leave their home because of war or because they just can’t afford it. Not being able to go to school because of these reasons is something that shouldn’t be taken away from someone because they could have the potential to create something that could help us in the future. Although, americans should have equal opportunities and a good education as a right, many people think otherwise. In an article called DACA/Dreamers (Immigrants and programs granting legal status) it says “Thousands of young immigrants came forward to demand a future in the country where they were raised”. The Dreamers are here because they want a better future. Just because someone wasn’t born here doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be given the same chance as someone who is from America. In conclusion, americans should be able to have these right if its going to help better their lives. Since many people in different countries dont have these chances its important to take advantage of them.

CC BY-SA 4.0 These Equal Rights by Arlene is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.