,
  • What play did you choose? What act, scene and line numbers did you choose?

The play was Othello. Act 4, Scene 3 Lines 175-186.

• Which character did you play?

I played Desdemona

• What did you learn about the impact of tone, inflection, volume and pacing in your own rehearsal and oral performance?

I learned that in order for the reader (listener) to understand what is happening in the play, you have to place emphasis on the words of importance. The tone of the words you are saying is really important because it’s not what you say it’s how you say it, and you can easily change the meaning of what someone is saying by expressing it in a different tone.

• What did you understand about the character’s traits and emotions as you were performing?

I could understand Desdemona’s angst as she was trying to get people to understand that she loves her husband, and that she did not cheat on him. She is distressed and worried about what will happen if he doesn’t believe her.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Recording a Passage from Othello-Desdemona 4.2.175-186 by Jenessa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.