,

I chose to recite a passage from the play Othello. I recited lines from the character Desdemona (1.3.208-218). I learned that it is very difficult to do a recitation of Shakespeare and to have an accurate and confident tone and inflection. I had a really hard time with pacing, and making sure I paused between different lines and words. I learned that these aspects are also very important and they can completely alter the way you perceive and interpret certain lines. I thought that at this part of the play Desdemona is a little nervous about confronting her father about Othello and explaining why she chose to marry him. However she is still assertive, especially towards the end, but respect as well.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Othello Recording by Tess is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.