Image via Booker A: M shuttle train at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues during Phase 2 of the Myrtle Viaduct reconstruction.

The M train will resume regular service on April 30, running from Forest Hills-71 Avenue, Queens to Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue in Queens, via Sixth Avenue in Manhattan.

On July 1, 2017, the reconstruction began, and was split into two phases:

Phase 1 (July 1 to September 2): M trains were diverted to Broadway Junction via the J line after Myrtle Avenue, while shuttle buses ran along three routes to replace the M to Metropolitan Avenue:

1. Between Myrtle Avenue and Fresh Pond Road, making all M stops throughout its run.
  2. Between Between Myrtle Avenue and Metropolitan Avenue, skipping Fresh Pond Road.
  3. Between Flushing Avenue and Metropolitan Avenue, stopping at Flushing and Wyckoff Avenues, connecting with the L train at Jefferson Street.

Phase 2 (September 2 to April 30, 2018): M trains were still diverted to Broadway Junction after Myrtle Avenue, while a shuttle train service operated between Metropolitan Avenue and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues, connecting with the L train for a connection to the mainline M at Broadway Junction, and a shuttle bus making stops at Knickerbocker and Central Avenues (which were still closed), to Myrtle Avenue for the J, M and Z trains.

Source articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M_(New_York_City_Subway_service)

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/MyrtleAvenuephase2.htm#mapandbus

CC BY-SA 4.0 M train to return to its normal routine after a year of Myrtle Viaduct reconstruction by Booker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.