I am Tahlia Soto. I am 17 year old. The important thing about me is that I have many talents and always competitive at anything I do. I was born in Bronx, New York, at  North Central hospital .The important thing that happened to me to make me realize to do better . Is that I lost my baby brother and I had only seen him twice. It really hit me hard because he was only 5 months old and had to have open heart surgery to repair a hole in his heart. He had many other surgeries before being released, but unfortunately he didn’t make it – he died at Atlanta Hospital. But I have lived in Georgia, New York and California.

In school I like to find out new information, to get help on anything I don’t understand, and to help other people if they need it. I like being honest with people. And also like coming to school because you get to find out many different personalities that can influence you to make good or bad decisions in your own life that can take you a long way or leave you where you stand.

Outside school, I like to listen to music, write music, exercise and watch movies. My favorite movie is “300”. I also like “The Walking Dead” – basically, horror movies. I am particularly good at standing up for myself and having confidence in anything that I do. I got this way by taking care of my brothers and sisters, and making sure they had enough to eat and that they were happy. Many people in my life who said that they were going to take care of me and be there for me didn’t do what they said they was going to do, So I had to do it for myself based on my actions that might reflect on my family, for me to be a better person.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My life made me good at standing up for what’s important by Tahlia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.