Sometimes quitting could get in the best of you.  I have been there so many times. I’m a 15-year-old student athlete who plays the sport of basketball.  I’ve had injuries and wanted to quit, but I just can’t. Why quit if you can just build yourself back up again? Why quit if you could come back stronger? Why quit if you have people that look up to you? Why quit if this is something you LOVEEE!!!!!!!! Never give up on your dreams. You will come across people that will try to knock you off your feet but never fall. If you fall get up and keep going. Never look back, you can’t move forward in life if you’re stuck in the past. Always have faith and hope I know you can do it. Keep going I believe in you  -Nataliya Douglas

Before you can accomplish anything great, you need to figure out why you want to achieve it. What drives you? Ask yourself that question. It doesn’t matter if you’ve failed at something in your life. I am the ultimate failure because I have failed at everything. But I also refused to give up. However, I’m not some exception to the rule.The truth is that the most famous people in the world have failed the most times. But they didn’t stop. They didn’t give up. They might have paused for a very brief period, but they kept going. Yet, they all had something that kept them moving forward. They all developed something in their hearts and their minds that pushed and pulled them towards their goals. What’re your reasons for wanting to achieve your goals? The most important thing about goal setting that you must understand is that if you don’t set your goals the right way, you’ll surely fail. The truth is that a large majority of people set their goals the wrong way and they often give up. This is especially true for people that attempt to set goals on New Year’s Eve. They almost always fail.

Source: https://www.wanderlustworker.com/7-ways-to-keep-going-even-when-you-want-to-quit/

Athletes that wanted to quit

In sports, injuries are inevitable. Even when athletes are in peak physical form and specifically train to stay fit and mobile, a single errant step, awkward landing, or violent collision can bend joints and limbs in ways they aren’t meant to move.But with the way technology, medical care, and advancements in surgery have developed, many of those breaks, sprains, and tears aren’t the career-enders that athletes fear. With the right recovery and a lot of mental toughness, athletes can return better, faster, and stronger.

1. Peyton Manning- Manning underwent multiple neck surgeries along with spinal fusion surgery ahead of the 2011 season, which forced him to sit out for the entire year for the Indianapolis Colts. There was talk that the quarterback would never play another game in the NFL, but Manning dismissed all that and rehabbed extremely hard, and by the end of the season he was throwing passes again in practice.
  2. Adrian Peterson-When the star NFL running back tore the ACL and MCL in his left knee on December 24, 2011, in a game against the Washington Redskins, some wondered if Peterson’s career would ever be the same—or if he even would have a career anymore. At the very least he’d likely miss the start of the following season. Instead, he had a superhuman recovery and was in the lineup for the Vikings in Week 1—just 10 months after suffering two tears that often end careers.
  3. Paul George- George’s injury looked like it would be career-ending or at least career-changing. But George rehabbed hard, and ultimately returned to play six games toward the end of the 2014-15 season. Then, in 2015-16, he showed off how his recovery went by putting together the best statistical season of his career to that point. George averaged a career-best 23.1 points per game and started all 81 games that he played for the Pacers
  4. Brian O’Driscoll-A standout rugby player for Ireland, “BOD” is as famous for his ferocious playing ability as his ability to play through pain. O’Driscoll suffered a murderer’s row of injuries through the course of his career—including hits to his elbow, knee, calf, back, and hip—but the shoulder injury he suffered in 2005 was one of the most devastating. O’Driscoll was hit hard with a spear tackle against New Zealand and dislocated his right shoulder so severely that it required surgery and 16 stitches, after which the International Rugby Board outlawed those types of tackles.
  5. John Orozco-The U.S. Olympic gymnast has faced a number of serious injuries in his career, but each time he’s come back stronger and hungrier. A famously tough Bronx native, Orozco tore his Achilles in 2010, his ACL in 2012, and his Achilles for the second time in 2015. All three could have been career-ending injuries—but not for Orozco. The gymnast won the U.S. Championship in 2012, competed in the London Olympic Games, and—even while suffering from Achilles pain—rehabbed his way into contention for a spot at the Rio 2016 Games.

Source: https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/13-athletes-who-made-amazing-comebacks-after-career-threatening-injuries

CC BY-SA 4.0 When I wanted to quit what made me keep going? by Nataliya is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.