Olivia is a bullied high schooler who survives endless hours of name calling and verbal abuse. Evelyn, Olivia’s best friend, makes sure that Olivia doesn’t endure her situation alone. Olivia trusts Evelyn and believes that with her, she can last through the school year. What she doesn’t know is that Evelyn has another side behind the mask. Evelyn enjoys sticking up for Olivia, just a little too much. Evelyn kills Olivia’s bullies one by one. Olivia finds out about Evelyn’s murderous intentions on what will turn out to be her last birthday. Evelyn’s secret side can’t be revealed, and Olivia’s dead body ends up on her living room floor with Evelyn’s knife sticking out of her chest.

To create my animation, I had to first go through the process of creating the concept, writing the script, creating the storyboard, and then making the final product. I came up with my concept by taking problems I’ve had in my life. Since an animation simply about bullying would be a bore to watch, I added a twist to make it more interesting. Once I had the concept and plot down, I wrote the script. I made sure the conversations flowed and didn’t sound forced or choppy. After the script came the storyboard, also known as the outline or guideline. Using the stage directions from the script I created, I made a plan of how the animation would look like without doing the actual animation yet. The last step was making the final product, in other words, the animation. Using my script and my storyboard, I created the animation, edited, and was finished.

<iframe allowtransparency=”true” width=”485″ height=”402″ src=”//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/215594874/?autostart=false” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GXeW8aMY6lVivdLAGSxDMpRLrWScsT0JgKhsVbj1ZQs/edit?usp=sharing

CC BY-SA 4.0 Animation Abyss: A Bullying Story by Silvia N. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.