Is animal testing same as animal cruelty?

Animal cruelty is when an animal most of the time defense less is hurt and hit for no reason just because the person wanted to. This is bad because hurting an animal with no power to defend itself is mest up and some people associate this with animal testing since scientist use defenseless animals to conduct their tests and to not get harmed by the animals. There is a constant dispute whether using animals is mest up or it’s good so that we can study and learn from desises to later have cures for those diseases. Although scientist conduct test with animals with diseases it doesn’t mean they are being treated mest up. Scientist make sure that the animals have the best environment possible so that they can live happily in their home. People throw all the heat to scientist about treating animals unfairly when food companies that contain live animals like chicken or cows have their animals in horrible conditions and giving them unhealthy drugs so that they can either have more meat or so that chickens can lay more eggs.

In conclusion I believe that animal testing is not the same as animal cruelty, simply because scientist working with animals don’t abuse animals and make sure they live a happy life while other companies treat their animal harshly.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is animal testing same as animal cruelty? by Salvador is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jakub O. 8 months ago

Dear Salvador :
    I agree with what you said about your post, “Is animal testing same as animal cruelty?” because the use of animals to help other animals in the future is better than letting them get infected. I also support your claim because animal cruelty is hurting an animal with no reason while using it to help cure a animal disease is animal testing. Animal testing had a good reason on why it should be done and I think that it is different than animal cruelty. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “There is a constant dispute whether using animals is mest up or it’s good so that we can study and learn from diseases to later have cures for those diseases.” This stands out because it shows your opinion and I agree with it. Animal testing is to help other animals. But animal cruelty is to harm them.Another sentence that I had was: “Although scientist conduct test with animals with diseases it doesn’t mean they are being treated messed up.” This stood out for me because it also shows how the animals aren’t being mistreated, but being used for the greater good.Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because It seems that we share the same opinion on this topic.

Salvador 8 months ago

Thanks for your reply I really believe that animal testing is different to animal cruelty. I believe that scientist shouldn’t be disrespected when they test on animals, they aren’t trying to make animals suffer, in fact scientist make sure that the animals live in a habitable place, they also have studied that if animals suffer in captivity and they are unhealthy they will not get the best results for their experiments. Some scientist have been interviewed and asked how do they feel when they test on animals. some said that they love animals and they don’t like to see them suffer and others said that their intentions aren’t to harm the animals but to study them.

2. Yoseline 8 months ago

You have done a good job explaining the difference and it could convince people.