Some people may argue that animal testing does not benefit people, people believe animals are just some regular creatures that live in this world to make Earth a better place. Some people are not informed why animals are helpful on Earth. However, I believe animal testing is a helpful ability that has saved many lives in this world which is extremely outrageous incredible. I did some research and in addition, I emphasize an article that talks about how animal testing is painful. However, it is an amazing resource that makes medicine for our community and everyone on Earth to survive. Yes, animal testing is very cruel/harmful and it hurts seeing animals being killed, however it has saved lots of children’s lives. The author says, “The case for animal experiments is that they will produce such great benefits for humanity, Americans are living longer, healthier lives and we owe much of that success to biomedical research” (Palazzo, Ph.D, and FASEB). This explains that animal testing has been benefiting humanity because it is saving people’s lives and making people live longer. Also the source demonstrates how helpful it is, scientist have found medicines that helps people decrease their life risk of dying and has impacted people in an effective way. Moreover, I found another quote that talks about how more scientist are finding more cures for humans that are benefiting people. It also explains that if scientists would not had tested on animals, people would have not received a cure to survive. She says, “Animal studies reveal new route to treating heart disease, but the research also captured my attention because of the explanation of the animal research that could ultimately lead to new treatments for heart failure or other kinds of heart disease. Without animal research (mostly rats and mice), we would not have cures or treatments for other diseases like cystic, fibrosis, malaria or muscular dystrophy” (Crowell). This quote demonstrates why people need animal testing. It also shows what type of medicines to create so that it can help out people to be healthier and it is extremely ridiculous how animals can help us with our hearts and other kinds of diseases. For example in my science class my classmates and I have learned that animal testing has created medicine for penicillin, blood transfusions, tuberculosis, macular degeneration, asthma, kidney transplants, breast cancer, insulin, etc. It is insane how animals have helped us create so many medicines and just imagine how much more medicines are to come and if none of this medication existed thanks because thanks to animals half of the people that are contaminated with diseases most likely people would of been dead by now. Lastly, I found another quote that talks about how there was a really harmful disease called Polio back then. He says, “In the late 1940s, Polio crippled and killed thousands of people around the world every year. Polio reached a peak in the United States in 1952, with over 21,000 paralytic cases. After a vaccine was developed in the late 1950s and early 1960s, Polio was brought under control and practically eliminated as a public health problem in industrialized countries. Today, the disease has been eliminated from most of the world. Today, the children routinely receive a vaccine that provides a lifetime of protection from the disease. Children are also immunized against typhus, diphtheria, whooping cough, smallpox, and tetanus. Millions of people around the world are healthy adults because of these vaccines, which were made possible through animal research” (AALAS Foundation). This quote shows that with animal testing it has saved thousands of people because of the diseases that people had inside their bodies affecting them. Also it clearly benefits humans because it has helped humans to make a life changing and millions of lives have been saved or has improved a lot. And know when people are detected with a disease doctors know what to cure people with because doctors have a powerful medicine that will help them get cured.

In conclusion, having animal testing will be a great impact for our world because it will save millions of lives. Also it will help scientist investigate more research to make new medicines for the upcoming diseases and testing animals has been essential because if people think about the situation without having animal research the disease Polio would still be affecting thousands of lives each year. And without animal research medicine will stop and how will doctors do organ transplantation if scientist were not to do animal testing, nothing would have been possible. So having animal testing will give the chance to people to cure a disease and live a healthier life.

Benefits of Animal Research, www.aalasfoundation.org/outreach/About-Animal-Research/benefits_to_people_and_animals.

This source is trustworthy because its by a .org page which comes from reputable companies. This source talks about the Polio disease and what scientist found to do to save people’s lives.

Crowell, Susan. “Animal Research Saves Lives of Both Humans and Animals.” Farm and Dairy, 6 May 2011, www.farmanddairy.com/columns/animal-research-saves-lives-of-both-humans-and-animals/24737.html.

This source is thrutwoty because it appears to be well researched and there is a purpose of the site. This source talks about how animals save humans lives a s well as animals.

“Ethics – Animal Ethics: Experimenting on Animals.” BBC, BBC, www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/animals/using/experiments_1.shtml.

This source is trustworthy because it comes from BCC News which a lot of people use. This source talks about the good benefits of animal testing and the bad benefits.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Does animal testing and experimentation benefit people? by Karyme is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.