I am passionate about this issue because this issue is slowly getting lost, in terms of being in the media. This issue has been going on all over the world for over a decade and there still no definite solution. I felt like killing a developing human growing inside a woman’s body is unjust, as they are defenseless and are unable to speak their voices out. I knew that most of our country was pretty much divided between sides, with some arguing that women can do whatever they please, while others argue that you cannot simply kill a newborn that’s developing. Through my research, I learned that in order to save these developing newborns from being killed, people must face Planned Parenthood, an organization dedicated to performing abortions.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 Abortion in the United States: Pro-life or Pro-choice? by Filip is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tenzin C. 5 months ago

Dear Filip,
    I am in deep thought about your post, “Abortion in the United States: Pro-life or Pro-choice?,” because I can clearly see why this topic would be so controversial. There are many different ways that people would answer this. I believe that abortion should be legal, because women should have the choice, but I also don’t believe that it is ethical, unless there is a deeper reason.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ with some arguing that women can do whatever they please, while others argue that you cannot simply kill a newborn that’s developing.” I think this is definitely true because although the life isn’t completely being lived at the moment, you are taking away a potential life of someone. Also, aborting while pregnant leads to pain for the women with the child, but also for the foetus as well. Not only does the life die, the death is gradual and painful. None of them deserve this. Also considering many people I know almost didn’t have the opportunity that everyone else did to live, it’s really sad that we are arguing about whether people should live.
    Another sentence that caught my eye was: “This issue has been going on all over the world for over a decade and there still no definite solution..” This stood out for me because it is really hard how to solve this situation. There are too many different views on how to handle it, but in the end, there is no “right” way, because “choice” also matters, and some women aren’t ready to have a child yet. But they should be planning ahead, and not using a life.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because the topic you chose to write about is very problematic, and deserves to be considered.