The issue I discussed in this video revolves around Racism in the United States. I am passionate about this issue because it hasn’t been resolved since the colonial era. This issue is very significant yet nowadays people act as if it doesn’t exist since racism in a sense got better. However, these people must know that you can never just push away a problem because the conflict will come back to haunt you. In the past, activists have tried solving this conflict but they were never fully successful. If the activists start receiving aid from the victims, there is a chance racism can be solved. Yet individuals should acknowledge that this issue is not easy to be fixed. Some people have racism installed in their minds which is quite challenging to remove.

Before starting this project I didn’t know much about racism. All I knew was that racism was discrimination against a specific race. Plus from background knowledge, I knew that in the past the whites believed that they were the more superior race in the United States which is why slavery existed. Slaves were treated as if they weren’t human. However, after doing research I found out that there were many hate groups towards different races in the United States. Surprisingly the KKK stills exist. Plus the average unemployment rate in the United States for blacks is higher than for the average rate for whites. In addition, I have learned that the things Donald Trump suggested about Muslims and African Americans made racism more accepted. Thus, to end racism America should have a better president that believes everyone is equal. A president is supposed to be a good role model for its citizens and at the moment Donald Trump is setting a bad example for the United States by being racist. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Racism in the United States Needs to End in Order to Contain Equality by Theodora is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Maxwell 3 months ago

Dear Theodora:

I am happy about your post Racism in the United States Needs to End in Order to Contain Equality
    Because this is a Huge issue every since the last 20th century towards specifically African Americans. But not only African Americans target at but there are situations that All race and color been discriminated. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is However, these people must know that you can never just push away a problem because the conflict will come back to haunt you. I think this is a significant quote because no matter who you are race or color it’s still racism around the world especially in certain states a lot of people neglect a race not only a specific one color.Another sentence that stand out to me was “ Thus, to end racism America should have a better president that believes everyone is equal. A president is supposed to be a good role model for its citizens and at the moment Donald Trump is setting a bad example for the United States by being racist.This stood out for me because in order to put racism to a end we need more better support for all race to strive for equality and a president that actually wants to end racism but still neglect that this is a national issue in America. Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I remember that i walked into a train full of white people and they were all staring at my face. When I got the train I step on a mans foot by an accident. He said watch where you going kid I said sorry sir i apologize. He said it’s Okay then I heard him say fucking nigger under his breath.
    I wanted to fight him so badly but that’s not how life is based on judging people that didn’t do nothing to you. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I agree with your statement and i feel like your voice should be heard to the public. Based on your post your supporting the people that want fight for racism to be gone and it can be used as guide to success.
    Also the people thank you for support to end this evil in America one step at a time to achieve this goal.