Throughout the world many people experience unfair work conditions that are both torturous and inhumane. Shedding light upon this topic allows for more people to understand and strengthen their knowledge on the topic and how we can combat this. I am passionate about this issue because it pains me to see all these people suffering to produce products that we use in our everyday lives. Understanding that some of the things that I had owned were made by someone who was in this position. Prior to this project I knew that there were sweatshops and people who were contained in condition, however once studying the topic I began to widen my view of this situation.

This video will demonstrate my understanding of this worldwide problem and statistics that demonstrate the impact that it has on our world today. By focusing more on how much these people earn, we can begin to see how unfair their situation is. Allowing for the a greater understanding of how their income deprives them from basic needs and how much they have to work for an amount we consider nothing,

All in all, the making of this video had led to a greater sense of sympathy for these people left in this situation. However, together if we strive for a greater tomorrow we can overcome these evils and create a better world for everyone.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Modern Slavery by Elio is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Adelphe 5 months ago

Dear Elio :
    I am intrigued with your , “,modern slavery,”text because it’s the truth and it’s something big branded companies are really taking advantage. The companies are taking advantage because they can afford to put up a good show to the outside as well as the people that work there as “ slaves “ can’t afford to lose their job.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Throughout the world many people experience unfair work conditions that are both torturous and inhumane.” I think this is sad because humans should not be treated as slaves and put under the conditions in which the sweatshops have put them in. Also this is sad because those workers work very hard to only get paid a few dollars an hour only.
    Another sentence that I connected as well as agreed with was was: “ this issue because it pains me to see all these people suffering to produce products that we use in our everyday lives. .” This stood out for me because…
    Your “ Modern slavery “ post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i watched a documentary in school about how apple treats their chinese workers. Apple would basically only be paid $3 an hour to manufacture iphones and ipads as well as have to pay to sleep and eat where they work. That one video changed my perspective in life and made me realize that not everyone has it good.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because the post about “ Modern slavery “ is a post i can really relate about and helped me change my view on the companies i buy from such as nike and apple which use sweatshops in other countries because they know they can take advantage of the laws.