The issue I am passionate about is LGBTQ rights and discrimination. I’m very passionate about this because they deserve to be treated like human beings. They deserve to have an end to unfair treatment because they love in a “different” way. Having friends that are gay and such it’s not fair anyone is treated less for what they are.

I knew about the discrimination and little laws that partook to help them reach equality. However, now I kno

w how big discrimination truly is. It’s not a small number like I thought, people had to struggle a lot in the past. I also learned that gay marriage is legal and other laws are being used to protect them. An interesting fact I learned is that 1 out of every 10 people is gay, which I find very interesting.

CC BY-SA 4.0 LGBTQ rights by Samantha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Delia 4 months ago

Dear samantha:
    I am amused by your thoughts with your post and the viedo , “LGBTQ rigthts” because people always have a problem when it comes people that are different from others. People don’t care about your rights in what you believe in and that’s one thing that’s messed up because no one can be their self without someone judging them.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “They deserve to have an end to unfair treatment because they love in a “different” way” I think this is sad because no one should get treated for loving someone that’s the same sex.
    Another sentence that I admired was “Having friends that are gay and such it’s not fair anyone is treated less for what they are.” This stood out for me because when you treat someone unfairly can cause them to be depressed and might end up having suicidal thoughts.
    Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i was getting picked on because i liked a female and my friends started treating me weird like i wasn’t good enough for them. Also the words that people said towards you liking someone the same sex was awful no one should speak to someone like that. The words people say can hurt really bad it can cause people to have depression and feel like they need to hide from the whole world like there is no one to help you.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you are open up to talk about things that most people wouldn’t like to hear about or even care about to read. You try to show people that everyone isn’t the same that people can’t always be the same from you or your family everyone should be treated equally.
    -from Delia