The issue my video is on is the lack of clean water that various parts of Africa are facing and have been facing for many years. The topic is very important and I am very passionate about it because water is a very important necessity and many people are struggling to have access to clean water. Therefore, I found this issue to be essential to address.

Before starting this project, I knew the basics such as how some people are dying because they are consuming dirty water and countries like South Africa are experiencing this conflict the most. I also knew that in Cape Town, which is a prominent city in South Africa, is currently in a situation where they don’t have a lot of clean water. I also had a general idea where we can create websites in order to help the Africans who need water.

After doing the research and completing the project, I now know that the residents of Cape Town were living off of 50 liters of water per day, they could only flush once a day and they had to take a shower using only 10 liters of water. I also found out that since there was a lack of clean water, people are getting diseases as a result of their hygiene. Other relevant facts that I discovered were that Nairobi’s water system was built only for half of a million people, but currently the population is 4 million. Conflicts related to a water crisis may occur there. A solution that I came upon during my research was that the spread of the life straw, which is a device that filters out dirty water, can help Africans in need of clean water. We can also join established organizations such as those working on the “water project” and help them in giving water to Africa. As a result, Africa has been losing water for slowly throughout the years and it is time that we begin to help them.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Lack of Clean Water in Africa by Nidhi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.