The issue that is discussed in this video is Islamophobia. Islamophobia is the intense fear/hatred people have towards Muslims. Therefore, it puts the lives of many innocent Muslims in danger since people are not afraid to commit any acts of violence against them. Islamophobia has resulted in the death of many Muslim people including children and adults, not only that but it has resulted in many public offenses such as verbal or physical abuse.

Islamophobia is a dangerous epidemic that is taking over the minds of many people. It needs to be stopped or prevented from spreading in a way so that Muslims do not have to fear for their lives when going outside just because they practice a faith. They are not at fault for the things that are going on around the world, so why must they pay for it? Islamophobia is a disease that is entirely based on media coverage and little knowledge about Islam. People are judging the religion based on what the media says, they do not know much about the religion yet they are still committing hate crimes against peaceful people that have nothing to do with the horrible events that were carried out by people that belong to no religion. We are doing exactly what the terrorists want, we are separating the Islamic body from society we are letting them tear apart society and people. If Islamophobia goes on we are letting the enemies win because we are tearing down our own soldiers.

Before this research project, I knew the reputation that Islam once held in the world is now regressing. People believe that the religion of Islam is based on violence and repression. People believe that this religion is “disgusting” and those that follow this horrible religion should be reprimanded for doing so. However, what I did not know was how unpopular America’s views on Muslims were. I knew that there were some ignorant people in the world that believe anything that comes across them, but what I did not know was that so many people in America are naive from children to adults.

Muslims are being killed and harassed in public for crimes that they did not commit therefore, it is time that we stop this hate and instead we unite as a whole and do our best to fight terrorism.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Islamophobia by Naima is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.