The issue iIfocused on was discrimination in the job industry. The focus was more on pay and hiring as well as treatment of minorities. In my project, I discuss what rights women and employees of color have on top of possible solutions. I am passionate about this topic because as a female of color, I’d like to know what troubles i may face when i enter adulthood and go into a career.

Before i started this project, I was semi-aware of what groups get the short end of the stick when it came to wages and hiring. Women and people outside of the caucasian group were bound to face these instances. However, what id did not know is how little protection these minorities get from these instances. For example, a law was passed almost 30 years ago that protected women from lower wages than a man of the same job. Another this i learned is that there is no similar laws for people of different ethnicities.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Discrimination in the Job Industry by Lourdes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.