The issue that I am doing in my video is known as climate change. Climate change is a long-term change in the earth’s climate, especially a change due to an increase in the average atmospheric temperature. In other words, climate change is a change in the usual weather found in a place. Climate can be thought of as the average or typical weather conditions we experience. Scientists know that climate varies naturally on many timescales and they know that people are affecting climate – particularly through emissions of greenhouse gases.  The reason why I am passionate about the issue is that I am very interested in travelling, the environment, and help the world become a better place. Therefore, I decided that I should do climate change because it fits all three categories I am interested in.

What I knew about climate change before the video was that it was a change in the earth’s climate and how it may lead to a change in temperature. I also knew that it is often caused by the emission of carbon dioxide and greenhouse gas effects. This can be detrimental for both humans and animals in the environment because it can cause sea levels to rise, contribute to wildfires, and can cause extreme weathers to take place. What I know now is that climate change can also cause human health to deteriorate. Some interesting things I found in my research was that since climate change was linked to wildfires. Wildfire smokes carry fine particles that can penetrate your lungs, and can lead to burning eyes, heart and lung disease, and even death. In fact, I also learned that it can lead to vector borne diseases.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 Climate Change by Rahul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Evelyn 3 months ago

Dear: Rahul’s

I liked what you wrote on your post Climate Change. I am interested in this because my subject also deals with the environment also because it likes to know about nature and I agree about what to write to you. “This can be detrimental for both humans and animals in the environment because it can cause sea levels to rise, contribute to wildfires, and can cause extreme weathers to take place”.