The reason as to why I’m so passionate about this issue is that, even though I’m not African-American myself, I am a minority and there has been a recent spike in actions taken against several minorities in the United States (i.e Muslims, Mexicans

,). This was a very sensitive topic as there are several protests, riots and blogs created on this type of issue and now with the internet, we are more informed than ever when these occurrences happen. I knew that it was an ongoing issue that has been happening for several years already. I knew that these instances would cause severe and huge protests among those affected. I know now that the police are significantly more lenient with other people in general except for African-Americans. I also learned that the majority of the perpetrators aren’t even convicted or they’re given very light sentences.