The modernization and development of our society is what makes us who we are. However, modernization and development does have its limitations. “As you put more and more people onto the world, the value of life not only declines, it disappears (Isaac Asimov)”. Take into consideration that within less than one century, the world population has grown by over 600%. With the broad topic of overpopulation, it branches onto other factors of life that has a negative connotation on society – malnutrition, CO2 Emission increases, natural resource depletion, etc. I used this assigned project to spread awareness of overpopulation, as our society does have a peak, where we can no longer sustain every living human.

Before researching, I knew about the fundamentals of overpopulation –  the world’s current population, how overpopulation had a correlation with the aforementioned factors of life, and that given our limited resources of soil, arable land, and water, sustaining a global population of that size is not even remotely possible. However, through the project, I was able to better understand the specifics of overpopulation, mainly based on the statistics. For instance, did you know that overpopulation has a .996/1.00 correlation with the increased emissions of carbon dioxide? This portrays a strong, negative correlation on society. But, in order to convey a more in-depth explanation of the research, watch the video below!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Overpopulation: The Downside of Modernization by Henry T. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.