Abortion is important for women all around the world who are pregnant but are not ready for a child. However, many people are trying to end access to these services. It is important we leave the choice to women about what they wish to do with their own bodies. I am passionate about this issue because no women should have to give up her body for nine months without consenting to it.

Before starting this project, I knew that people are working to end a woman’s ability to abort. As well as this, I knew that if there was no access to abortions, there would be an increase in back alley abortions, which is extremely dangerous. I know now that people are trying to increase access to birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies, leading to decrease in abortions.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Preserve Women’s Right to Abort by Manuela is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.