I am particularly passionate about homelessness in New York City because it is one of the things that has stuck out in my mind ever since I’ve moved here. I remember my first interaction I had with a person from New York was with a homeless man asking me for change. At the time I didn’t realize how dire the issue was, but when I finally fully moved here I found that seeing homeless people on the street daily was a common thing in this city. Still till this day I feel a pang when I see a homeless person asking for food or money.

I didn’t know a lot about homelessness, but I knew how I could help-such as donating to a homeless shelter or volunteering. Doing this project has definitely helped me learn a lot more and helped me explore options to combat the issue and help my community overall.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Homelessness: The issue everyone sees daily but yet ignores by Alexandra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.