Sexism is still present in today’s society, especially in video games. I have had encounters in which my teammates harass me for my gender. I’ll be discussing Gamergate, a movement that touches on the toxic community within the video game industry.

Upon looking up problems in the gaming community, I didn’t know about Gamergate–never even heard about it. But as I read more, I realized how passionate other people were about this topic and motivated me to focus my research on it.

Now, I know how severe the harassment women in the gaming industry still face. I want to address this and share the ways that would hopefully spread awareness and motivate others to take action.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Female Harassment in the Gaming Industry by Erica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.