Link to Video:

14CD7A4D-51F8-4ED0-9945-83CA7D744032

I first found out about the lack of girl’s education in developing countries by reading Malala Yousafzai’s book I Am Malala: How One Girl Stood Up for Education And Changed the World. It was through this that I learned that there are many girls that are denied an education for many reasons from a region that my parents were brought up. I also felt that it was unfair that girls just like me could not become doctors or lawyers or go into any profession because they were simply not allowed or could not afford to go to school.

After researching more into the topic, I realized that 16 million girls worldwide did not have any access to education. There were many different reasons for this. For one, most schools were usually located far away and there would always be a fear when going to school since they could either be kidnapped or attacked by people. Also many girls are forced to earn for their families because they their younger siblings and family depend on them. It’s sad because these girls really have potential and there are many hurdles in their path that hinder their chances of realizing their dreams.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Education: A Right for All Girls by Sharupa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lining 3 months ago

Dear Sharupa,

I am sad after read your post, “Education: A Right for All Girls,” because you said that there are 16 million girls in the world did not education. I am girl too. So I wish all the girl to have education.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: ” I also felt that it was unfair that girls just like me could not become doctors or lawyers or go into any profession because they were simply not allowed or could not afford to go to school.” I think this is unfair too because I think everyone is same, everyone has their own right to do what they want.

I agree with you that you said: “It’s sad because these girls really have potential and there are many hurdles in their path that hinder their chances of realizing their dreams.” The reason I say this because I think they can’t deny their ability because they are girl.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like you how to wrote your post. I like you how to bring to power to change the world