I am passionate about sexism because I have seen so many women put through so many horrible things. There is so much that women go through that most men don’t have to worry about and so many things that women aren’t included in that men are. This is why I’m passionate about the issue.

I knew the fundamentals of the issue like how sexism was the discrimination based on a person’s gender and how it could really affect anyone, but the victims were usually the women and girls. I also knew that there was unfair treatment between the males and females in today’s society. This is what I knew about the issue before starting the project.

I now understand more about the unfair treatment between the males and females like how the females earn a salary that is about $10,000 dollars less than what the average man makes and how sports channel cover only approximately 2% of women’s sports while covering about 98% of mens sports. I also know that the possible allies of the issue are feminists and politicians. This is what I now know about the issue.

Photo by michael pollak

CC BY-SA 4.0 Putting an end to Sexism by Shunnosuke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alejandro A Rose 2 months ago

https://www.youthvoices.live/2018/03/29/putting-an-end-to-sexism/
    Dear shunnosuke :
    I am interested about your post “Putting an end to sexism” because your post agrees with my beliefs of sexism discrimination. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I knew the fundamentals of the issue like how sexism was the discrimination based on a person’s gender and how it could really affect anyone, but the victims were usually the women and girls.
    ” I think this is phenomenal because no one really speaks about how sexism discrimination is usually towards women and girls because no one expresses or shows that the majority of this discrimination is faced against them.
    Another sentence that caught my attention was: “…females earn a salary that is about $10,000 dollars less than what the average man makes .” This stood out for me because I never realized how women are treated unequally towards men when it comes to getting paid.
    Your post “Putting-an-end-to-sexism” reminds me of something that happened to me. One time , when I was young, I would be taunted for crying because “that’s not what boys do”. My mom would always tell me not to cry because “boys don’t cry” and because “that’s a girl thing”. Also, when i was young I couldn’t play with any girl toys because that would classify me as a “girl”. Thought I’ve been a victim of sexism, it shaped me to who i am today.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because sexism discrimination should not be tolerated because everyone should be treated equally. I believe that you can make change to a community if you keep writing about topics like this.