I am passionate about the issue of animal shelters because dogs are not treated as well as they should be and they can’t do anything to fix their situation. Most of the time, it is because the human does not want the dog or that there is an overpopulation because people keep breeding dogs.

Before I started this project I knew that the conditions of the shelter were not great and that many dogs die due to euthanasia. However, I did not know the full effect as to how many dogs were killed and how shelters do not have the proper resources in order to provide for the dogs since they rely on government money and donations. Now I know that part of the problem is that when people adopt from pet shelters, they are not helping the current animals in shelters but are adding to the problem since the pet stores get animals from breeders.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Problems With Animal Shelters by Lia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.