I am passionate about the gender pay gap because it is an issue that affects the economic bridge between men and women. It is an aspect of injustice in the United States that has continued to be overlooked despite the efforts of movements and revolutionaries. If it is not addressed, the gender pay gap will stay a problem that places one sex above the other in terms of economic superiority.

I always knew about the pay gap between men and women, and that there is injustice concerning salaries within the workforce. I already knew that for various jobs, women are being paid less for performing the same tasks than their male counterparts. However, I never realized just how great of an extent the unfairness remains etched into society.

After looking up research, I learned that the gender pay gap exists for common beliefs among opposers to reforms. They claim that due to women taking time off of work to have and raise a baby, they should be paid less than men. I also learned of possible solutions to the gender pay gap, and hope for a better future for the economic situations of women within the United States.

CC BY-SA 4.0 GENDER PAY GAP: An Issue of Unfairness by Christie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.