This issue caught my attention recently because there were accusations of video games causing violence. I wanted to research this because as a gamer, I feel like people who don’t play video games view video games as harmful to health. However, I think that video games are for leisure to relax after a stressful day. The accusation also threatens the closing of video games which worries me. I don’t want video games to disappear nor do I want it to harm people.

I knew that people had evidence of correlation between school shooters and video games. Additionally, they had evidence of video games causing aggression. However, over the years as a gamer, I can say that games don’t cause violence. I observed my friends in real life who play video games as well and they don’t seem aggressive at all.

Now, after research, I can conclude that video games don’t cause violence which is a fact. Albeit there are statistics that show video games correlating with aggression, it doesn’t imply causation with evidence that proves that they don’t have any negative effects.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Do video games cause violence? by Matthew is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.