On March 14, 2018, students all across the country walked out of their schools at 10:00 AM in order to protest gun laws that are practiced in the USA. Students at Carman Ainsworth High School in Flint, MI decided to have a sit in at 10:00 instead of walking out of school due to rumors about the consequences. Of course, administrators thought that students weren’t going to protest and if we did they had radical views about what they thought would happen. But, their expectations didn’t meet reality. Students went and sat in the 100 Hall for 17 mins after 10:00 and it went peacefully. Some decided not to participate which was fine since it didn’t outweigh the number of students that did. It’s good to feel like you’ve “walked” with students all around the country all fighting for a great cause. “If we are to reach real peace in this world… we shall have to begin with children,” Mahatma Gandhi. Students in today’s world are sick of the conservative ways of the USA and the change begins with us. You should never feel like you can’t organize an event in order to protest something you feel strong about. And never feel like people aren’t paying attention, because even if their opinions are negative, they still cared enough to comment on your actions. The time for youth is now, and there’s strength in numbers! Y(our) voices should be heard and they will be. The time is now for us to recreate history!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Students S(it)tanding Together by David is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.