No one should be shot 20 times because the police felt like they were in danger. Police have different things that they can use in order to take someone down. Stephon Clark was a unarmed 22-year-old black man. The police came to his home and shot him 20 times in his backyard for assuming that he was breaking into people cars. After he had died in his backyard they found out that he was innocent. Imagine being dead in your backyard because people came to harm you. Protest were held at the NBA basketball game they stood in front of the door and didn’t allow people to enter. Who is next? The police are killing people that aren’t doing anything wrong. Situations like this have been occurring too often and it’s something that’s become too normalized. Why aren’t situations like this receiving the same attention that the Parkland Shooting received? We gotta make a change.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Stephon Clark by Malaysha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.