If there were less guns there would be less violence. Guns are everywhere you can get guns off the streets for a cheap price. Way to many people are getting killed just by guns. Roughly 11,961 murders committed with guns in 2016 alone. Just imagine how many murders were committed in the past 10 years using firearms alone. The numbers of gun use is extremely high and has always been. Yes, some people do use guns for hunting or to protect themselves or what not but now a days people also use guns to kill people for no reason. The government is passing laws which is making it so much easier for young teens to get ahold to them with no problem. Guns are being put into the hands of maniacs who go off and shoot schools up and kill hundreds of innocent people. Even now with all the school shootings they’re trying tp pass laws for teachers to carry guns AT SCHOOL ! Which is totally not necessary. Some teachers are actually agreeing to carry guns. They’re not thinking about how some students would feel uncomfortable or scared because they have guns. We should be able to go to school and not have to look over our shoulder because our teacher has a gun. Sometimes school is the safest place for some students. I’m such an anti-gun person. I hate those things. If we actually take a stand on getting guns taken away we could get so far with that.

CC BY-SA 4.0 LESS GUNS = LESS VIOLENCE by Kovu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jake 3 months ago

So, your entire argument is completely feelings-based. Which is fine, I’m glad you’re passionate about this. However, allow me to contradict you. Yes, the 11,000 number is about right for firearm homicides, but the number for a firearm saving a life is anywhere between 500,000-3 million each year according to the CDC. So, just saying that “less guns=less violence” is completely unsubstantiated. Look at Australia, they had a mandatory buy-back for all firearms and their violent crime skyrocketed. The UK, very very strict gun laws there so people started using machetes and acid. Look here in the US at Chicago, strictest gun laws in the whole country and is the murder capital of the United States. I understand where you’re coming from, but taking guns away from law-abiding citizens (which is almost all gun owners) is a horrible idea. Criminals will just find other ways to harm and kill people. We won’t ban knives, even though you’re statistically more likely to die by a knife than you are by a rifle according to FBI Crime Statistics. We won’t ban cars, even though car accidents and drunk driving are both huge causes of death in this country.