We often hear the phrase, “guns don’t kill people, people kill people”. I’ve heard this statement over and over, it kind of sticks. I agree that guns do not kill people, people kill people. Do I think our guns should be taken? Absolutely not. Do I think that maybe they should up the age to purchase a gun? To an extent. I think we should still be able to have guns. Teens all over the country manage to get guns illegally, so if they take guns away what will that do? People will still find a way to get them illegally, it doesn’t matter. We have second amendment rights, there is no reason for our rights to be taken now. Yes, they should make them harder to get so that they don’t end up in the wrong hands. However, we still need them. We need them for protection in homes if something were to happen. We also need them to hunt. I believe that semi automatic rifles should still remain legal to get, as long as you have proper training, can pass a competency test, and have a background check. I believe guns do not kill people, people kill people. When someone gets stabbed, the knife does not do it, the person does. We have many things that are illegal around the country, but people still manage to get them. What makes everyone think it will be different with guns?

-Courtney Mills

#guncontrol #fightforourrights #carmanainsworth

CC BY-SA 4.0 Do Guns Kill People? by Courtney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Chase 5 months ago

I think that guns should definitely be harder to get, and that we should still be able to have them. They made drugs illegal but people still get them, so it would be the same exact way with guns. People will still get them, there’s to many in the world to get rid of.