Suicide in todays society is often considered a joke. Until you’ve lived through losing someone due to suicide, you truly can’t understand the heartbreaking pain it leaves inside of you. In this day in age we need to step up as people when we hear or see someone suffering from signs of potential suicide. We often overlook the signs or simply don’t care enough to take action. Suicide usually stems from depression, but could be caused by medications or even unknowingly being drugged. Suicide isn’t the only problem, mental health as a whole has been neglected in this country and continues to be. There is a link between drug use and suicidal teens. These drugs are filling our communities, and most of them are depressants. I, Curtis Dyke, feel in order to combat suicide we as a community need to come out and embrace those who are suffering from depression as well as drug abuse. We need to get them the help that they need in order for them to prosper and live a fulfilling life that brings them happiness. We need to care about others mental health, it’s not a battle that can be won alone.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Children are as delicate as flowers, let’s act like it. by Curtis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.