Dontre Hamilton, Eric Garner, John Crawford, Michael Brown Jr, Ezell Ford, Dante Parker, Tanisha Anderson, Akai Gurley, Tamir Rice, Rumain Bribon, Jermane Reid, Tony Robinson, Phillip White, Eric Harris, Walter Scott, Freddic Gray

16

16 unarmed African Americans were killed

16 unarmed African Americans were killed by police

16 were unarmed

16 had families

16 were killed by racism and fear

The 16 never got true justice.

These men and women were shot down by police, cutting their lives short and ripping them from their families at an unexpected time. The gun violence and police brutality has to stop. I am a senior at Carman-Ainsworth High School and I am reaching out to you and posting #BlackLivesMatter for change. The reason that this is important is because we as a community need to bring awareness to the injustices that African Americans are subject to everyday.  Americans must take a stand, be brave, and fearless to say enough is enough.

CC BY-SA 4.0 16 That’s Gone by Jalen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.