Do you think that Henrietta Lacks or her family would have been treated any differently than a rich, white woman would have been?

To start off, Henrietta Lacks was born on August 1, 1920. She died on October 4, 1951 due to cervical cancer. I don’t think that her or her family would have been treated any kind of way because everybody needs to be treated the same way. White woman get treated in the hospital by getting shots, surgeries, covering scratches and blood with band aids, etc. The doctors will try to maintain her to be alive. Doctors treat white people and black people nicely and respectively. Of course everyone should be treated, so that way they can stay healthy. Black people get treated by doctors with responsibility. The reason why I’m saying this is because sometimes black people and white people as well as kids can be nervous when they’re getting shots and stuff like that, and it’s so painful you can feel that needle wherever the doctor takes the shot. I get nervous a lot of the time because it’s painful and like I said before, you’ll feel that needle where the doctors take your shot in any parts of your body. Black people get treated similar to white people. White people also get treated sometimes with disrespect. This is somewhat true because if you’re not listening to the doctor, he/she will ask you what you’re doing and what you’re being told to do. If you still don’t do what the doctor tells you to do, he/she will get disappointed. It’s the doctor’s fault because he’s/she’s not treating you the way you want to be treated, and it’s kind of your fault for not listening to the doctor and following directions.

Black people from Tuskegee, Alabama get treated from doctors very nicely.

This is a picture of a doctor treating a black man at Tuskegee, Alabama, during the Tuskegee study. This shows how people from Tuskegee get treated in different ways.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Should Henrietta Lacks or her family be treated in any different way? by Takeo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Briceida 1 month ago

Dear Takeo,
    Im glad about your post,”Should Henrietta Lacks or her family be treated in any different way?” because you give your opinion on this and that matters I think its fair that everyone should be equally treated the same no matter the color or anything. I Like how you explain that everyone should be treated equally so they can all be nicely healthy just like everybody should be. I posted a blog about Animal Cruelty if you would like to check it out. Thank you, I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Takeo 1 month ago

Briceida,

Thank u for commenting on my work. it really means a lot. I will look at ur post soon.